Friday, January 20, 2006

The end of the first week of Spring 2006 classes

what a long, long week.

I got back on Sat, Jan 14. Over the weekend my roommate and I moved the apartment around so that we each have our own side.. We live in a small studio university apartment. No privacy at all. So this semester we decided to just make our own rooms using our furniture.. I like having more privacy.

As for classes:

Classical Rome: shouldn't be too bad. The prof has never taught this class before, he doesn't have a syllabus or schedule.. The texts are very easy to read.. It's like something I'd have read in 6th grade. The prof is nice. The classroom is very very small. It's in a conference room. Not everyone fits at the table. Some people have to sit in chairs along the wall with nothing to write on. But we can't use a regular classroom because the prof is in a wheelchair and the building we were supposed to be in is not accessible. Oops.

Philosophy: not bad. Prof is a bit of a control freak it seems. He makes us put this name plates on our desk that he made.. But, the class itself should be interesting.

Photo II: I've had this prof for my last photo class. Not worried too much. Some of the projects sounds really interesting. We get to use medium format camera. Fun.

Shakespeare: Nice prof. Good selection of works. HEAVY text.

Art History: BORING prof. Class is a bit of a drag.

Color Theory: Really interesting prof. Very interesting subject. VERY EXPENSIVE. I have to buy this box of paper by Wed. and I cannot afford it. It's between 100-120 dollars. I don't know what I am going to do. We have to start an inclass project with the paper on Wed. And, it's hard to find. It's by a company called Color-Aid. And it's a box of 6inx9in paper. A box of 314 papers, each is a different color. Why must it cost so much?
The art stores in Chicago apparently don't stck it often because Color-Aid can be difficult to work with. So it's like a treasure hunt to find the stuff, and will cost a nice treasure to take home. I found a few art stores that can ship it to me, but until I find 120 dollars, well, I'm out of luck.
I also have to get:
- Winsor & Newton Designer's Gouache paint: Spectrum Yellow, Spectrum Red, Ultramarine Blue, Lamp Black, and Zinc White.
- Illustration Board. white, toothed finish, single weight. 3 sheets of 30x40in.
- 11x14in tracing paper.
- self-healing 12x8.5in cutting pad.
oye.

As for jobs. There is a chance I might be doing some work study as the Ceramics Lab Assistant. But that is still in the air.
I am also still looking for a new outside job since my last job changed hours and no longer works with my schedule.
If anyone needs a photographer, you know where to find me!

I am still on the photo editing team for Diminuendo, the art/lit magazine here at LUC.
AND, I will be working on the other art/lit mag, Cadence, this semester as well. Photo editor.

That's about it for now I think.
Oh, my photo prof let me check out a digital camera, so I'll be able to update the site with photos as well! That will be a little later though. I've got to do some shooting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home